Pritzker Cross Country Girl’s Show out at Noble Championship

N/A

Pritzker Girls Cross Team poses for a group picture

The Girls Cross Country Team, coached by junior history teacher Joshua Sosa and PE teacher Tamika Robinson, placed third in the Noble Championship at Humboldt Park on Oct. 2, 2021.

Pritzker College Prep competed against the other 17 Noble campuses. They ran 3 miles around Humboldt park, putting into practice what they worked so hard for since the first week of school. The girls’ race consisted of freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and senior girls of the Pritzker Cross Country team.

When asked how she felt after her accomplishment in the Noble Cross Country Championships, sophomore participant Samantha Jimenez expressed, “I actually felt pretty surprised. I honestly didn’t expect that because I mean it was my first year ever doing cross country and I kind of went into it not really knowing what to expect.”

This wasn’t the first time the girls’ team placed in a championship. “I feel very proud of them. The last time I’ve seen the girl’s Cross Country team place in the top three was my sophomore year. Getting to experience that again was a good moment,” expressed member of the Cross Country team senior Christopher Gudiel.

The coaches were also a big motivation for the student-athletes. “I can say that the coaches are great people. I’ve been with them freshman year […] I think it definitely helps me look forward to the next season,” explained Gudiel.

The coaches had a big impact on the performances of the athletes, “I mainly took the tips that our coaches gave us and did the training that they gave us and also just some exercise on my own,” revealed Jimenez.

Teachers from the Pritzker community, including Mark Rychlik and Andrew Wetmore from the physical education department, attended to support the team. The girls’ team fell behind Speer who won first place and Butler College Prep who placed second. The whole cross country team later qualified for regionals, but only one member of the team went on to qualify for sectionals. They ended the season with a big accomplishment and motivation for next year’s season.